This is it! The final hurrah! In my last (thankfully) Slog post, I will be doing essentially what amounts to a recap, of everything that I have done in the course so far.
I started out this course, having learnt only the bare minimum of programming. I knew how to make lists, knew the basics of unit testing-but beyond that I was a mess. I hadn't scored a very high mark in 108, but I've begun to change that around.
In 148, we started off by learning all about OOP, which was the foundation for essentially everything else that we had done in the course up to this point. OOP is amazing, and it really lends itself to a lot of situations in which the variables, and the tools that you are programming with can be applied.
Next, we learnt an assortment of other python techniques, such as errors and namespaces. These little techniques I really found interesting, since they are the foundation of the python language itself, so it was cool learning about these things.
Following this, we spent the rest of the course on recursion and trees (including linked lists). This is where the material in the course became extremely difficult for me, as I had trouble picturing a lot of the material in my head. Luckily, I had a super awesome TA, who guided me through this process-talked me through labs and give me extra help through the course.
As always, for the last time, I would to mention a post on a fellow classmates blog: http://47tulips.wordpress.com/. I really felt that this student put in a ton of work in this slog, and really communicated to me on a basic level how programming works. I commend him for his effort.
That's all for now!
Am I finally a pythonista by now!?
No comments:
Post a Comment